As 2018 draws to a close, I’m stealing an idea from Barack Obama and a recent Facebook post of his where he shared his favourite things he has listened to, watched, or read over the last 12 months.
There may well be affiliate links thrown in to the mix, but if you dont know any of the below I’d encourage you to check it all out.
Some of my favourite books from this year:
- Diary of a Wimpy Christian by Dave Hopwood
- Hope Unleashed by Andy Hawthorne
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Everybody Lies by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- Jessica Jones: Alias by Brian Michael Bendis (Yeap as in Jessica Jones on Netflix)
Favourite Cbeebies Show
- The Snow Queen! Yes I know it was from last year, but it took the small one a fair while to be ok with watching it, but once she was, there has been no stopping her! (I once had “Did you know Rebecca is the Snow Queen?” whispered in my ear)
- The look of Disdain on the small ones face when I asked if the new CBeebies presenter was Topsy (from Topsy and Tim). It is indeed Evie, and I was suitably told off for such a comment.
My Favourite Movies of 2018
- Avengers – Infinity War.
- My Little Pony – Believe me, its underrated.
- Thor – Ragnarok
- The Greatest Showman
- Doctor Strange
Theres possibly a Marvel theme going on here…
My Favourite Songs of 2018
- A Million Dreams – Particularly the performance at the Small Ones school.
- Voices – Switchfoot
- Dual of The Fates – John Williams
- 3 Lions – It was kinda the Summer Song. For a nice week anyway.
- Zombie – Bad Wolves. Its different enough to be different to the original version, but in a good way. Plus the small one is great at singing it with her own misheard lyric slant. .
What was your favourite thing from 2018?