Such a peaceful time of year… obviously haven’t included things like decorations… getting to all the Christmas Carol services… finding Santa – just for small one to not speak to him…
Dad Sofa Notebook
As 2018 draws to a close, I’m stealing an idea from Barack Obama and a recent Facebook post of his where he shared his favourite things he has listened to, watched, or read over the last 12 months.
There may well be affiliate links thrown in to the mix, but if you dont know any of the below I’d encourage you to check it all out.
Some of my favourite books from this year:
- Diary of a Wimpy Christian by Dave Hopwood
- Hope Unleashed by Andy Hawthorne
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Everybody Lies by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- Jessica Jones: Alias by Brian Michael Bendis (Yeap as in Jessica Jones on Netflix)
Favourite Cbeebies Show
- The Snow Queen! Yes I know it was from last year, but it took the small one a fair while to be ok with watching it, but once she was, there has been no stopping her! (I once had “Did you know Rebecca is the Snow Queen?” whispered in my ear)
- The look of Disdain on the small ones face when I asked if the new CBeebies presenter was Topsy (from Topsy and Tim). It is indeed Evie, and I was suitably told off for such a comment.
My Favourite Movies of 2018
- Avengers – Infinity War.
- My Little Pony – Believe me, its underrated.
- Thor – Ragnarok
- The Greatest Showman
- Doctor Strange
Theres possibly a Marvel theme going on here…
My Favourite Songs of 2018
- A Million Dreams – Particularly the performance at the Small Ones school.
- Voices – Switchfoot
- Dual of The Fates – John Williams
- 3 Lions – It was kinda the Summer Song. For a nice week anyway.
- Zombie – Bad Wolves. Its different enough to be different to the original version, but in a good way. Plus the small one is great at singing it with her own misheard lyric slant. .
What was your favourite thing from 2018?
- Alarm Clock! Use it!
- Book bag! Because you probably forget it enough anyway.
- Smart phone. To take Facebook ready photos of the first day of term.
- School uniform! If it’s too big during the first week it doesn’t matter. They’ll grow into their uniform at some point during the year.
- Snacks! Don’t be a fool. If you pick up a small child, bring snacks!
- Nice snacks. For when said child has eaten the sensible more filling snack.
- Notes. To help you remember the nice bits of the holiday… not just the moments when you were screaming at each other…
- Wine. Helps with bedtime.
Well. I’m not sure if I know my limits, or if I like to keep my blogging organised. But for some reason, I thought I should write something about last nights England game. On the weekend before the England match took place.
With me so far?
So obviously, at the time of writing I have no clue how the England match is going to end…. So I could write something about Football coming home… or I could write something about managing an upset 5 year old who has got caught up in the emotion of it all. (Possibly my fault)
|Instead of being brave, I bottled it, (Insert a England football gag here if needed), and have gone down a somewhat generic route.
As such can I present a How to guide on “how to react, the morning after the England Game.”